SIMTICS Vascular Ultrasound Simulations
This bundle of 5 modules covers key procotols for vascular scanning:
- ultrasound examination of the lower limb arteries – covers scanning of the femoropopliteal segment, distal external iliac and common femoral artery, femoral artery, popliteal arteries, tibial and peroneal arteries, aorto-iliac segment, distal abdominal aorta, common iliac arteries, external iliac arteries, aorto-iliac segment, and obtaining images of grafts or stents
- ultrasound examination of the lower limb veins – covering the common femoral vein, femoral vein, popliteal vein, posterior tibial and peroneal veins; how to evaluate for thrombus and evaluate valve competence with Valsalva, augmentation, and photoplethysmography (PPG)
- ultrasound examination of the cerebrovascular system – covers common carotid, internal carotid, external carotid, vertebral, and subclavian arteries
- ultrasound examination of the abdominal vasculature – covers all the abdominal vessels including proximal aorta, mid aorta, distal aorta, celiac artery, SMA, IVC, MPV, SMV, IMV and splenic vein
- ultrasound vessel mapping – this module covers how to prepare for and perform preoperative vein-artery ultrasound mapping, and how to scan for signs of upper limb venous thrombosis; upper limb mapping procedure for arteriovenous fistula (AVF), sclerotherapy mapping, perforator veins and varicosity marking, radial artery harvest, venous bypass graft suitability and harvest
Each SIMTICS module contains simulations of the normal procedure plus step-by-step text with illustrations and pathology descriptions, video demonstration, 3D anatomy model, and quizzes. All your study time and scores are tracked in the logbook.
Earn SVU CME credits too! – 3 per module, for a total of 15 credits if you complete all 5 modules.